Folks, I am so sorry. Work and life got in that way, and I’m running at LEAST a week behind on this. Ideally I’d like to get posts up starting on next Monday, the 7th. But to do that, I need your help!
Have a favourite moment in this list? Want to write 300-500 words (or more if you feel like it) on the moment and have it featured on the blog? If so PLEASE email us at girlsreadcomicstoo (at) gmail.com Help us out and share your love for your favourite Marvel women!
Now for the 22 moments! (crossed out moments have been claimed to be written)
Aunt May not only realizing The Chameleon was impersonating Peter Parker but taking the time to A) bake him cookies full of sleeping pills and almond extract, B) knit a sweater with the word “Gotcha
- Bastion captures Jubilee and tortures her for days in order to try and gather lintel about the X-Men, be all she does is laugh in his face
Dani Moonstar breaking Professor Xavier’s rules on her first day by customizing her uniform with Cheyenne accessories, informing him that she was an individual, and telling him if he didn’t like it When Faiza Hussain becomes the wielder of Excalibur Gertrude Yorkes walks into a fire and taunts Wilder into attacking (and killing) her, saving Chase and Molly.
- Jan Van Dyne walking out on Hank Pym the moment he became a danger to her.
Jean Grey sacrificing herself at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga.
- Jessica Jones breaking free of the Purple Man’s mental control then punching Purple Man in the face.
- Jessica Jones gives up her secret identity so she can take care of the children of an enemy
A very young Kitty Pryde debating out Reverend Stryker at the end of God Loves, Man Kills. Kitty Pryde Calling Professor X a jerk for demoting her to New Mutants Kitty Pryde owning Emma Frost at the end of Astonishing X-Men #2 Kitty Pryde sacrificing herself by phasing to the bullet Kitty Pryde versus the N’Gari Demon by herself on Christmas. Mary Jane beats the Chameleon with a baseball bat. Mary Jane Watson chooses to stay with Peter (after he tried to push her away) and comfort him after Gwen Stacy’s murder. Molly Hayes punching out Wolverine, and standing up to Iron Man and Captain America Rogue kissing the window of a plane after fetching a long ball in good old x-men baseball just for the joy of being alive and in flight. Storm discovering her new self at the company of Yukio and the subsequent makeover, reflecting her new inner self.
- A depowered Storm fights Cyclops for leadership of the X-Men
- Storm taking down Callisto in a knife fight sans powers for control of the Morlocks.
Valkyrie: when Namor asks why she’d help them when it’s said she hates men, she responds “I do NOT hate men, Sub-mariner, I merely KNOW I’m as GOOD as they are.”